Saturday 24 July 2010

Part 5. - The Good Day Vs Bad Day Debate


My life is currently in a state of transition, and when you're living in a transition, you always have good days and bad days. I often find myself wondering, as I met so many others do, about what makes a truly bad day and what can make an amazing day. This week it was highlighted more than usual for me. The day I was supposed to enjoy, the one that was supposed to be my good day, was Wednesday, my one day off from work this week. It started off pleasant enough. I went into town, chilled out, bought some new books, had a Starbucks Seattle Latte but then I came home and my mood just dipped. I had a melt down over finances (as the newly single girl so often does), I had a tizz over the fact my flatmates had their guys over and I was sat in my room having said melt down about said finances. I ended up walking across town at 10pm on my own to see a friendly face and help put a desk together. I came back about midnight argued with another friend then went to sleep, simply because that day just had to end.

Yesterday on the other hand, should of been a very bad day. It was chucking it down with rain, I had to walk to work in the rain and then I had to set up for an event at work, by lugging chairs around in the rain. I ended up soaked to the skin with hair that resembled a white girls 'fro. But still I was smiling. Maybe it was the company I was keeping? Who knows. I then came home, had an amazing bath with one of the best Lush bubble bar's I've ever used Marzibain. It smelt like Amaretto and was simply amazing. Then I cooked chicken chili (as Tesco's had no lean mince) and settled down to watch Up. Today again should of been a bad day, I was running late for work and had to pretty much run up the hill. I was suffering from neglect since my parents and sister buggered off for two weeks in the sunshine without me. However here I am, at twenty past two in the morning, still smiling from the day before and the fact I have a long shift at work tomorrow, beginning in less than twelve hours, still isn't enough to ruin my good mood. Tonight I know it was because of good company, spending the evening with B has become a weekly bitch, laugh and cry session and is clearly the therapy I need to get through these trying times.

Some mornings I wake up and struggle to get out of bed. I lie there and it's like my very exsitance is being held down to the bed and as I try and sit up it pulls me back. Those are the days I think are going to be dreadful. It feels as if all the colour has drained from my life and i'm not simply a black and white two dimensional being, much like an old photograph. Those are the days I know I'm alone. But, I find it funny how even though the day could start off bad, it could improve with the littlest of things. For example, if one of my housemates have left me a note on the white board on our fridge telling me how hot I am. Or a text from B saying she's in town and wonders if I'd like to go for coffee. Or even a card from back home telling me I'm missed. No day is truely ever doomed to be bad just because it starts off grey and gloomy. Just like the sky, it can start clouded over but sometimes is blue sky by four in the afternoon. Weather is fickle like that, as is life.

No comments: